Translate

Wednesday 20 May 2015

Happy Anniversary

A simple card using Hero Arts flower stamp.

First attempt after I finished painting my stamped image ended up in the bin. Next one I won't throw away cause I can use the back to watercolour something else as its good quality watercolour paper.

Next one I finished and felt it was a bit pale asI had white embossed on watercolour paper and yellow flowers , well just wasn't happy. One of those mornings so okay time to stop painting and go copics. This is the result
I stamped this flower which is a Hero Art stamp, an oldie but just love it. Has such an elegance about it. So I stamped on linen card stock, coloured with copics. Added some yellow sparkles (the word is gone) and stamped Anniversary in Dark Grey Hero Art Ink. Finished it off with a die cut 'happy' from Winnie & Walter (love their font style).

Was very pleased with the end result. Now to enter it in
CAS on Sunday Challenge #58 Cheer Up Buttercup

I knew there was another challenge I wanted to enter this in but I still haven't found a system that keeps track of what I see. I write so many lists I get confused and it was just a reminder came up on feedly that I saw the blog that inspired my yellow flowers in the first place. I have just enough time to add this to the Always Playing with Paper: The Challenge #35 Using the one flower made me think of something in a vase and of course the yellow. so this is my card from the inspiration photo.

7 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous Aileen! We all have those colouring days... but isn't that what we call 'creative opportunities', it's all part of having fun really even if it's frustrating lol.

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is Fabulous :0) hugs Pops x

Mariken said...

Lovely CAS card, thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday!

Loll said...

Glad you stuck with it Aileen, because this turned out beautifully! :)

Anita said...

This is a beautiful anniversary card! Thank you for joining us at The Challenge!

Lesley said...

What a gorgeous card! First time painting! Wow, you did a great job. Love that gold sentiment. Thank you for joining us at The Challenge!

Nance said...

Lovely Anniversary card. Beautiful flowers and I love the gold "happy" too! Thanks for playing The Challenge!