Translate

Sunday 24 May 2015

Love the little things.

This is one of those cards that springs into being because you have an idea. As you all know I am new to challenges, and yes I am finding it hard to keep track and decide what to enter. This card came about because I saw a Challenge (somewhere out there!!!!) about using the negative from a die cut.

I thought about it, remembered this beautiful piece that was just sitting in the die cut tray and yes a light went on. The original piece is a

Daisy Print Background Rubber Stamp - Deep Red Stamps

3 x 4  I heat embossed with white embossing powder. This was stamped onto watercolour paper. So then I just made the paper very wet and added different colours from my Peerless Watercolours. Of course they are my favourite colours, pink orange yellow. Then the panel sat there for ages cause I couldn't decide what to do with it. I then got the large LOVE die and cut it out from this panel. It is beautiful, but then I didn't want to throw away what was left so it just sat in the die cuts pile.

Well this card sprang from that. Added the panel to a piece of gold cardstock. Cut the card down in size so it looked balanced. Added to the white card stock but felt it was lacking so I blended orange colour Distress Ink on the card, dark outer edge and lightened as it moved in.

Wanted more than just LOVE and found this sentiment in amongst a collection of little sayings stamps and thought, perfect.
'Love the little things'.
Added three gems, each a colour that was on the embossed panel.



So after all that I couldn't find the challenge I had seen, it was obviously too late so I just put it aside. Decided to share it today as its too nice just to sit on my desktop.

Hope you enjoy.

No comments: