Translate

Saturday 27 June 2015

Hello Butterfly & Flowers


I decided I wanted to enter in the Fusion Challenge as I loved the colours and had ideas buzzing around but this was one of those mornings/days that nothing really worked. I decided to use a different flower than that shown as there were already so many of those and I thought I would use another Uniko flower set. I stamped with the outline and decided to do watercolour on the inside.

I made a million (alright 10) flower masks and one butterfly mask.Stamped the butterfly in Black but the flowers with the new Ombre Inks from Hero Art - Pinks and Oranges. Stamped here and there then watercoloured. Sometimes with just a light bit of watercolour, sometimes combining pinks and oranges, sometimes double layers and even added a bit of red on the deeper pink layer.


Painted the butterfly with a mix of blue then blue/mauve. Oooops a little bit of run out here and there. Looked at it and hated it. Tossed it aside. Started on another image - too many flowers I decided so decided to do the gerber Uniko flower - stamped in black -YUCK didn't like it. then looked at this panel again and thought ' really not bad, as it dried it imrpoved.

Decided to mount on a burgundy card base. But first I cut out 'Hello' die cut  from the actual picture and four in black. Taped down the base well and flat on card base. Added the four layers of black 'hello' three little gems in pinks and orange.

Now Im on the fence again. Whats your opinion??? Does it work? Don't look too close - yes I just had to spray with Pearl mist and hated, hated the look.

all those oranges and pinks and the beautiful blue butterfly for my inspiration.


didn't go Masculine but did use Uniko stamp.

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed your visit.

Update: Got picked in the Top Three by the DT's at Uniko when the challenge finished, I'm not sure about blog etiquette but thought I would post here so I remember. This is my first time I have had a card picked not random but because they liked my card so thats a real WAHOOOO from me.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you have done a great job. I like the contrast of the blue/black butterfly with the orange and pinks. Glad to see you could use it.

lostinpaper said...

Those subtle flowers in the background are perfect and I just adore your choice of colours Aileen, what a beautiful card!

Pop's Cards said...

Stunning sweetie :0) hugs Pops x

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous riot of colour in those gorgeous blooms, Aileen ... the butterfly really pops against them ... and I love that camoflaged hello! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Uniko! Anita :)

Beverley said...

Oooooh! Love LOVE loving the stamped floral background and the die cut technique is FAB. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge & for using your Uniko stamps too! Hugs Bev x

Julia Aston said...

what a pretty background with your cluster of blooms - love the camoflaged sentiment hiding there!! Thanks so much for joining us in the Fusion Challenge! Julia xx