Translate

Tuesday 2 June 2015

The Daily Marker 30 Day Challenge Day 1

I could not miss out on participating in this brilliant challenge again.




Will definitely have days where I will have to multi post as so much is happening with mum and dad right now that I am in Canberra more than here but at least I can take my colouring gear with me and colour down there in-between whatever is going on. Probably won't be cards but just the colouring in preparation.

But I have managed to make card after watching Kathys' Copic Colouring.

Here is my card

One picture is very slightly angled, sorry I thought I had gone more angle but it was just to show you that I have cut and coloured an extra layer for the wings for better effect. I love the colours I used which were as close as I had to what Kathy used. My copics are a bit limited. Please click on the butterfly card to read the lovely quote and see the detail on the wings of the butterfly. I used glossy accents to give some little raised areas on the butterfly wings. Also tried doing as Kathy does with white dots but I was too cautious as you can barely see them and on the dark trim of the butterfly the white faded from the copic underneath.


Okay as I am in Australia it looks like I am already a day behind with the challenge so I will have to double up to catch up.


Hope you enjoy your visit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi aileen, i had no idea you started a blog, but i'm excited to discover you did and i can pop by to see your creations! this is a beautiful CAS card and you're colouring is fabulous!
hugs, linda

Ruth said...

Beautiful colouring! Am loving this challenge. It's really keeping me going :) xx

lostinpaper said...

So so beautiful, I haven't even had a chance to look at Kathy's challenge yet (and my sister is going to be here in a couple of days) at least I get to enjoy all your fab inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card. I have this stamp too and I love it. What are those tiny rounded cabochons you mounted near the sentiment? They are not enamel dots -- what are they? I like them.