Translate

Monday 10 August 2015

To love and be loved is precious


I started this card with all good intentions but my day did not go the way I planned so another one that had to be photographed at night.
I find night photos a. you are lucky to see the sparkle when its added and b. photos are less forgiving. I can see when the paint ended up on the card and was cleaned off. I can't when looking at the card but in each photo I can. Ahh well them the breaks.

I love how this card turned out. At first I was going to do the gems all one colour then thought nah rainbow colours. Then I was thinking of having the gems on the opposite side in the same order so it looked like a necklace but after stamping and silver embossing one side I felt it looked perfect just running down one side and would have looked too busy down both.

I decided to silver emboss this one and will do another with white embossing so I can see if it looks as good or better. Honest;y the painting is just light enough with a bit here and there darker for depth, everything is silver embossed and looks brilliant IRL. One gem I did not clean the area well enough so we have speckles of silver.

I might even do a card where its just silver embossed and no colour added because I liked that look too.

Back to the card

Once the Peerless watercolour had dried I covered each gem with the Wink of Stella Clear glitter and it truly does sparkle.

This is my interpretation of 'Precious' 
The sentiment is a combination of two sentiments. The precious along with the gems I used is all a Winnie and Walter set. 'To love and be loved' is part of a PTI sentiment that I cut apart but can be put back together.

I would like to enter this in:

sorry to anyone who gets this as a double post but I just saw 
its perfect for there.



Thank you so much for coming to visit and hopeI see you again.


11 comments:

Hannelie said...

Oh wow Aileen... this looks fantastic! Great job with the embossing and beautiful coloring!
Thanks for joining CASology!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the silver embossing and the colourful gems! Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM this week!
Kamila DT

Marybeth said...

Oh, its beautiful! I see the shimmer, Aileen! So true the sentiment! Hugs to you sweet girl!

Ruth said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I agree with you on keeping the gems down one side, looks stunning. Xx

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card and I love all your beautiful precious gems!

Anonymous said...

Hey Aileen!! Gems are precious and yours are no different. Nicely done.Thank you so much for playing us this week at CASology.

lostinpaper said...

Love how the colours flow down the card, but would also love to see this just embossed in silver too, sounds great!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

That card is truly precious - lovin' those gems!

Joyce said...

Love how your gems are rainbow colored and tumbling down your card. Fantastic look. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Pop's Cards said...

Love that they are all different colours they looks like you could reach in and pick them up, hugs Pops x

Olesya Andreyeva said...

oh I love these trendy stones! So bright! Thank you for joining us at ATSM.
Olesya DT