Translate

Friday 28 August 2015

YOU ARE THE song IN MY HEART

 Love that sentiment, finally used it. Too tired to do inside but think I will add 'Happy Anniversary' or 'I Love You'. Too much decision for now.

Alright I have done this card for the Less is More Challenge and of course there are only 10 hours left till closing. Really need to decide what I want to enter in and get organised enough to do so that people can see my card for longer than half a day before the challenge closes. If I could just take my crafting room with me when at mum and dads that would help but ahhh well no point in whinging is there.
I love how this card turned out. NOW do you want the easy five step version or the complex 25 step version. Lets go with what I should have done.
I had a piece of beautiful patterned paper with little gold and black music notes on it. That gave me the inspiration. I then thought of the music notes die. So I cut the piece of pattern paper to the width of the card base then used a stitch die that is just a straight length of stitch and cut edge so I cut the piece of paper at an angle to go with the layout on Less is More. I then cut the music notes die once in  gold card stock and twice in white. Glued them together and laid across the piece of patterned paper.


I gold embossed the sentiment using Miss Misti to line it up and make sure I got enough ink on the card to emboss. Forgot to rub the gold music die cut and patterned paper with the non static cushion so had a little bit of embossing powder stick there but its less noticeable in real life than on the photos.


Nothing stuck on the black card stock so thats something. I decided to finish it off with the red heart gem as I felt it needed just a little something.

Now if your wondering about the long version that I of course did. I die cut the music notes from the patterned paper then of course I had to make sure I kept all those weeny teeny little bits and pieces and glue them back in then line up for the die cut piece to go in properly and of course there were bits that were slightly out of alignment so more adjusting. I did start out thinking I would use the original die cut music piece from the patterned paper but as soon as I cut it I thought 'no, gold, would be better'. Well at least I know I can do again in short version.....


Better late than never. Hope you all enjoy your visit, forgive my spelling mistakes and come visit again.




6 comments:

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Aileen: I'm so happy you posted this amazing card on this challenge, it's absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! Believe me, I've also waited a couple of times until it's just about closing time for the challenge to post my card, sometimes LIFE gets in the way.
I love, love that musical note die, it's so lovely and delicate, could you please tell me where is it from or where did you get it? I have two granddaughters that play the Viola, one is a Senior in High School and she plays in the Symphony Orchestra for her School and the other one is her little 10 y/o sister that just started playing it. I would love to be able to make them cards with musical themes and this die is just so gorgeous I would love to purchase it.
Sorry for this long comment, thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Less is More challenge.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.
www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

Chrissie said...

What a lovely card.I love anything with a musical theme and this is great!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Macimbalo said...

This is a beautiful card!

lostinpaper said...

The music note die cut in gold is so elegant, love how you have used it with this sketch!

Neets B said...

I love the flow of the musical notes, and mounted on black it really pops.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Thanks for the how to - you got there in the end :) Enjoy the rest of the weekend.