Translate

Tuesday 29 September 2015

Happy Mothers Day


Every time I look at this photo I find myself tilting my head to the side. I really need to work on my photography skills.

Anyway onto the card: This card I made to enter a challenge and hey you can never have too many Mothers Day cards, can you??

The flower stamp I embossed in white on Vellum a number of times so I could then fussy cut it out to make three layers. After cutting the layers out I used my hole poker tool (name is gone......) to gently curl the petals on each layer either up or under.




I then used a stencil and distress inks to add background to the card base. After I removed the stencil I went back over the areas with the same colours to soften the white.

I used glossy accents to attach each layer and finally attached a big clear gem. Yes then I used Miss Misty to stamp the sentiment and then silver embossed.

If I have any message for you on this card it is:
You MUST remember to use your emboss buddy when using Vellum and wanting to white emboss. Nothing worse than those nasty little white specks appearing everywhere on your flower (of course you know I speak from experience) and you just have to do it all again.

I would like to add this to 



2 comments:

sandie said...

This is stunning. The layers of flowers are just perfect and I love how you have curled them. So great to see you join us at TO

LauraJane:) said...

How pretty! LOVE the stenciled grid behind the bloom...And the photo wonkyness is all in the angle of the camera:/ hard to fix.
I tilt my head to the side when I'm enjoying looking at anything...so I think it's ALL GOOD:)