Translate

Saturday 21 November 2015

Online Copic Colouring Class - Day 6


This is week six of the online Copic Colouring Class - learning new techniques and trying different techniques and ideas. One thing for sure its lots of practice. The more you practice the better your blending gets, the more you can see what colours work together and which ones don't. Its amazing that you can blend some colours together and yet when you add other colours which maybe in the same colour group but maybe too far apart in the spectrum and you will find that rather than blend it will cause a kind of light patch where the inks have met.


I was pretty boring this time and just stayed in the greys with blending, using the 0 blender pen to remove ink, patches and spots and shadows.


Then I tried browns and a bit of using colourless blender and cloth for texture, need to cut a piece of denim and try that. Do you think my son will notice if I cut a bit from his jeans??? (sorry I'm having a real cackle over that just picturing his big toe getting caught in the hole...... no I will resist)


Then I relented and did a little orange, pink and green colouring. Need to work on my corduroy lines, cant get those lines fine enough and steady. Also did a night sky, started with three shades but should have just gone dark straight up and then made stars with copic colourless blender and some with white gel pen dots. Need up looking more like paw prints. I like the green fox with the yellow snout  etc, it looks cute.

Anyway best finish this and get on with the Christmas cards. Once you have looked here if you have time why not duck over and check out Ruths' post: Crafting While the Baby Naps She was much more adventurous than me and got some brilliant colour combos going.

Thanks for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.





2 comments:

Ruth said...

I love love love love love your dogs - your grey shading is fantastic, I so have to try that. I'm noting down your colour choices :) Inspired choice of fox colours - especially the funky yellow and green one! Great stuff - be fun to see what cards your make :) xx

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having fun with this class. Your colouring was already fantastic you are just going to get better and better.
Thanks for visiting me earlier and leaving such a lovely comment. I hope the transformation doesn't take to much longer I can only imagine what you are going through.