Translate

Friday 15 April 2016

Happy Birthday Rainbow Hydrangea


I learnt two things today: How to make a watermark to put on cards but still  working on the design, size etc a bit but I can now do it, Yayyyyyyy.

Then I started playing with Instagram and found you can have in your phone, iPad and computer; every man and his dog is on it; it is too easy to get distracted on it; who to friend; what to post and the biggest thing I still need to learn about Instagram is what words to use; how much to post; the relevance of hash tags etc.

Then of course I need to get back to setting up on Blog along with Pinterest (Kylie has offered to help with that thank you just need to get back to her) and tags? and search? etc..


Check out this beautiful flower, I love Hydrangeas as they always remind me of my mums beautiful garden. It was a walk through garden cultivated and maintained by mum up until they moved into the retirement village. 
They are the most beautiful flowers and I could loose myself in them for ages, the smell of the garden, the design of the flower itself, the pure delicacy of the individual little flowers within the ball of the flower and the shimmer of the actual petals. God has certainly perfected the flower, each petal individual and perfect in itself. 
Now to tell you a terrible truth, I am the worlds worst at trying to grow things, honestly I would have to say I have a black thumb, the only things that survive me are the hardy natives and weeds. 


So, this is my imaginary rainbow coloured hydrangea, stamped and white embossed on Canson watercolour paper then watercoloured with my Zigs and lots of water.
When it was finished I cut it out with the die.

I decided to add it to a white card base that I first stencilled some leaves on using a Winnie & Walter stencil and Distress Ink. I added very lightly and had it fade out as it moved away from the flower. I then added Wink of Stella to the leaves (I know people usually add the Wink of Stella to the flower but here I wanted to add something extra to the card base and felt it really worked well).Shame it doesn't show up in the photos so well.

Finished it off with the stamped sentiment done in Hero Art Grey Ink as I felt the black would be too strong and instead of some gems decided to just add a falling petal and really like what I see.

Would like to add this to


Finally doing a card here and using the Topping.


Great challenge where you can add a nice card or add one thats a wee bit naughty. Always good for a laugh if your looking for ideas for cards that have that little extra something. I have plenty of sentiments but at this time I am entering with a 'Nice' card and hope to get back with another later.

This is a fairly new Challenge, if you haven't been there take the time to check it out and see the talent.Each month is a different Challenge, they will nominate two things that must be done on your project and you can pick one other to add.
I have Stamped + Embossed + Stencilled + Watercoloured

Thanks for coming to have a look and I hope you come again soon.










18 comments:

Flo Langley said...

Beautiful card Aileen. Just been looking at all of your recent makes. You do make the most gorgeous cards. If Kylie doesn't come back to you let me know and I will kick her up the bum when I see her!! LOL! Have a great weekend.
Flo :)

Ashwini Rao said...

Its a beautiful card, Aileen! Isn't it amazing how people come together to offer help in this crafting world - happy for you! :)

Mac Mable said...

Such a striking and beautiful Hydrangea card. Love the idea of colouring them in..in rainbow colours, very creative. Well done too on your newly found IT skills, I find it takes an inordinate amount of time...x Fabulous card, so pretty and so very eye catching.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Really beautiful, Aileen. Love the shimmer.
You will soon be addicted to Instagram :-)
If you want to follow me, you can find me at m1csp
xxx

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Aileen. Love the idea of a rainbow hydrangea. Looks so pretty over top of your soft sponged stenciling. Congrats on learning about Instagram. And thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up. xx

*Vicki* said...

This is so soft and beautiful!! I love that you've embossed the flowers in white and colored them. The shimmer looks amazing! Enjoy your weekend! HUGS

Dotty Jo said...

What a beautiful card, I love your rainbow colours and fabulous embossing and colouring! Thanks so much for joining us again at NoN Challenges, Jo x

Colleen said...

Aileen, I have seen this big beautiful hydrangea all over blogland, but I must say, I LOVE your rainbow colors...WOW, this really makes a statement! Gorgeous and thank you so much for linking up to Seize the Birthday!

Cara said...

Beautiful hydrangea, love it in those vibrant rainbow colours, if only they grew like that! Cara x

Ruth said...

Such a beautiful hydrangea. They are one of my favourites too. We have one at the back door which is a nice pink (we have very acid soil), but it would be even better if it were rainbow coloured. Am so excited to have you over in IG. I really love it there - it's so quick and easy to post and comment and get to know more crafty people and see more inspiration. Definitely my go to place :) And yay for getting yourself sorted for a copyright. I've been playing around with one for a while. It's too big, so I need to sort it out again. It's been fun though. xx

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful hydrangea, Aileen! I love these bright colors! and it's so pretty against the softly stenciled background! I've decided that God must love weeds best because they grow so well! You don't even have to plant them! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Peanut said...

What a pretty card, Aileen. Love all the colours you've used on the hydrangea.
x Asha

Darnell said...

Now I can die happy!! How cool is your rainbow-colored hydrangea?!! Way to be an ARTIST, Aileen!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

lostinpaper said...

This is so beautiful Aileen, I just love how you have used the multi colours!

Lindsey said...

Wouldn't a real-life rainbow hydrangea be the most amazing thing? At least there can be one on your beautiful card! I like the stencilled leaves in the background as well. Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges — join us anytime, naughty OR nice! ;)

Glenda J said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your watercolouring is amazing! Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

A splash of color said...

Wow beautiful colors.. I love Hydrangeas too and these are wonderful.

Unknown said...

I really love this beautiful card :) I love how you incorporated rainbow colors for our challenge and the CAS design. Beautiful card and thanks for sharing it with out at Naughty or Nice Challenges :)
Sara