Translate

Sunday 14 August 2016

Hello Sunshine Card



I mentioned before I was going to try entering more challenges that are sketches or colour based so this is my start.  The colour challenge is to use blue, green and yellow so I decided to do the butterfly that is from a Stampendous set of three large butterflies.


I used my Zigs and water, using yellow and blue and then blending those so I ended up with a pretty green to finish the colours needed. I die cut with the stitched rectangle die that cuts the image layer and the frame.



I then cut a piece of yellow cardstock the same way used a piece of plain paper on the back to join the layers back together. Finished it off with a stamped 'hello' and a die cut sentiment 'sunshine'. Have to say this sentiment is one of my favourites as it has the dot attached for the 'i'. I wish they all did that, such a killer on the eyes trying to find the itty bitty little buggers. You can see a bit of buckling there as the watercolour paper warped slightly but that will settle in time.

I decided I didnt want to attach bling or shimmer, I liked this just as it is.


Challenges :














Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.





14 comments:

brenda said...

A beautiful Butterfly creation and perfect for our theme at Allsorts this week Aileen, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh beautiful butterfly Aileen. I think I've only seen 1 boring white butterfly in my garden all year - plenty of moths though (yeuch, moths give me the heebiejeebies!)

Jeanne said...

Beautiful butterfly...watercolored wonderfully with those pens. I like the bold color and the simple design. :)

Darlene said...

Beautiful coloring! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘CLOSE TO NATURE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Colleen said...

Gorgeous butterfly! The coloring is stunning! Thank you for sharing this at Just Us Girls!

Loll said...

So bright and cheerful. Love your blended butterfly Aileen. xx

Ina G said...

Gorgeous cas card Aileen. Beautiful buTterfly. Thanks for joining us again at JUGS.

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Jodi Collins said...

SUCH a gorgeous butterfly! LOVE the blended colors! Thanks so much for playing along with The Color Throwdown!

Lori said...

Love the vibrant butterfly! Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

Cara said...

A stunning CAS card, love the colouring of the butterfly. Cara x

Linby said...

Such a lovely bright and cheerful card. Just wanted you to know you inspired me to buy and make this card! http://craftylinby.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/anything-goes-with-stamp-at-penny-black.html

Karren said...

Beautiful card, Aileen! So very vibrant and cheerful!

Mervi said...

Beautiful and so cheerful butterfly card.
Thank you so much for entering our Butterfly challenge over at Allsorts Challenge;-))m